Become a watershed explorer! Camp Watershed will be happening virtually this year.
Sign-up to receive boxes full of the snacks and supplies you’ll need to participate right from your own home. We will be meeting in an online platform each day to provide an outline of the day’s activities, some basic instructions, and share discoveries.
How camp will work:
• We’ll arrange a pick-up (or delivery) of boxes full of nature activities. Each day will have its own theme and fun. Expect items like insect nets, hand magnifiers, field guides, and crafts. We’ll also include snacks for outdoor refueling.
• We’ll meet via zoom video chat each day (optional) to get excited about that day’s nature activities, play a game, and share our experiences from the day before. If video chats are difficult for your family, we can try to arrange to lend an internet hotspot, connect over the phone, or some other solution–let us know what your needs are by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
• Each day will have enough activities and programming to fill approximately 4 hours.
• Virtual Camp will be July 21 to 23 for New Philadelphia/Dover and July 28-30 for Dennsion/Uhrichsville. Pick-up of supplies will take place Monday the 20th or Monday the 27th depending on your camp!
• We suggest kids ages 8 to 12 will get the most out of these activities.
• Each box will include items customized to where the child lives, so register with the address that best reflects where they’ll be while participating.
• It will help if kids have access to some outdoor space, such as a yard or neighborhood park. Let us know if you have any questions or concerns about accessing outdoor space to play.
• Camp will be donation-based. No fees are required, but if you feel moved to contribute, thank you.
• Details on how to participate be sent out via email.