Want to see watershed restoration in action? Join Rural Action’s Watersheds Program on Friday, Oct. 30 as we tour three sites where water quality is being enhanced and preserved in Southeast Ohio.
During the tour, you will see:
- Efforts to improve the Rush Creek watershed at the Rehoboth Wetland.
- Fish and aquatic life from Monday Creek at the Ora E. Anderson Nature Trail.
- Ohio’s worst Acid Mine Drainage seep, where True Pigments is working to turn pollution into art.
To ensure safety and proper social distancing, there will be three tour groups and signups will be limited. Please pick the time you prefer below and click on the link to register:
- Group 1 – 12 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Register for Group 1
- Group 2 – 12:45 to 3:15 p.m. Register for Group 2
- Group 3 – 1:30 to 4 p.m. Register for Group 3
Participants will be responsible for their own transportation during the tour. Each tour group will have a group leader who will guide the group to each tour stop. Total driving time between tour sites is approximately 1 hour, and groups will spend 30 minutes at each tour site.
For more information, please contact Kylee Nichols.