Rural Action’s Sustainability Planning service works with organizations and communities to create plans to operate in more environmentally friendly ways. This may include focusing on energy, water, waste, transportation, greenhouse gas emissions, local purchasing, and education. We work with you to define your environmental sustainability goals and create action steps to meet them.
- Development of a Sustainability Plan
- Review of Policies, Codes, and Regulations
- Development of a Sustainability Tracking Tool
- Zero Waste Pledge and Waste Assessment
- Energy Pledge and Energy Tracking
- Storm Water Assessment and Recommendations
- Educational Tours & Learning Days
What Is Sustainability
Sustainability is the sweet spot between environmental, social, and economic well-being. Generally, sustainability plans emphasize the environmental component. Rural Action helps organizations and communities create more holistic sustainability plans that seek to meet their present operational needs without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs for clean air, water, and soil.
From a simple assessment to a comprehensive sustainability plan, we will work with you to find the right project! Reach out to Sustainable Energy Solutions Director Sarah Conley-Ballew to begin your Sustainability Planning.