Farm to OHIO Working Group
The Farm to OHIO Working Group is a group of campus and community stakeholders meeting monthly to work together to use Ohio University local purchasing as an economic driver to improve the community.
- Rural Action
- Community Food Initiatives
- Ohio University office of Sustainability
- Ohio University Culinary Services
- Office of Campus and Community Engagement
To support greater regional food procurement for OHIO, we…
- Expand and participate in the Farm to OHIO Working Group.
- Coordinate and increase Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) training, GAP Certification, and farm business assistance for a network of regional producers, including the OHIO Student Farm.
- Enhance awareness and demand among stakeholders by providing targeted Culinary Workshops and educational tastings both virtually and on the OHIO campus for students and community members.
- Establish a state-wide network of institutions that are using local procurement to strengthen regional agriculture.
Work with Healthcare Providers
- Pop-up markets
- Produce Prescriptions