The ASFC team publishes a quarterly newsletter focused on the emergent environmental, cultural, and economic impacts of our food system, with an emphasis on staple crops. The Staple Pulse also features agricultural policy briefs, partner updates, recipes, suggested readings, events, and more.
- No. 10: April 2022: Food Sovereignty featuring Malik Yakini
- No. 9: December 2021: The Year in Review
- No. 8: October 2021 WSU Bread Lab, Tuscarora Corn, Chestnut Harvest
- No. 6: August 2021 School Food Issue Black Panthers, Farm to School
- No. 5: May 2021 Borderlands feature by Gary Nabhan
- No. 4: February 2021 Native Tree Nuts, Policy Briefs
- The Hopewell Quarterly No. 1: December 2020 Appalachia’s Food Legacy, Bill Best’s Heirloom Beans, Appalachian Mills
- No. 3: October 2020 Indigenous Foodways, Oaxaca Corn Research
- No. 2: August 2020 Black & Indigenous Food Justice, Chestnuts, the New Corn
- No. 1: April 2020 COVID, Food System Leadership Survey, Regional Partners
Read more about the Appalachian Staple Foods Collaborative here.