Ready for a nature break over spring break? Send the kids — ages 7-12 — to a day in the woods with Rural Action! We’ll explore the woods and creeks, playing and learning about ecology and survival skills. It’s a perfect day for any kid who loves animals, nature, forts or adventures.
Groups will be limited to 8 kids and 2 adults, and will be entirely outside.
- Spring break camp is free this year, but please consider becoming a Rural Action member or making a donation if you are able.
- Send your child with:
- Weather-appropriate clothes that can get muddy. We will be entirely outdoors all day.
- A water bottle. Refill stations are available.
- A mask (or two). Children and staff will wear masks anytime we cannot guarantee a generous buffer of 12 feet.
- You have the choice of receiving a pre-packaged lunch/snack from Rural Action, or sending your child with their own lunch. No food will be shared.
- Please do not send your child if anyone at home has any symptoms of illness. Temperatures will be checked on arrival, per state requirements.
On the registration form (see links below), we have provided the opportunity to become a member of Rural Action for an additional $20. A membership with Rural Action helps us to continue our work with children, clean watersheds and illegal dumpsites, create access to quality local foods, and revitalize Appalachian Ohio! With membership you will receive notices about events, volunteer opportunities, workshops, and more.
Dates and Locations
Please register for just one day to leave space for others. Each day is limited to 8 kids as a COVID-19 precaution. “Pods” and groups of kids who have been socializing together are encouraged to register together.
At Lake Snowden (Location)
Tuesday, March 9
FULL: Please consider other options
Wednesday, March 10
Thursday, March 11
At Wildcat Hollow, Wayne National Forest (Location)
Friday, April 2
At the Nelsonville First Presbyterian Farm in Union Furnace (Location)
Friday, April 2
Please contact Darcy with questions about registration at firstname.lastname@example.org or (740) 591-1638.