Join Rural Action and Camp Oty’Okwa for the 9th Annual Appalachian Green Teachers Conference Oct. 27-28 at Burr Oak Lodge & Conference Center! This two-day hands-on experience is for teachers and non-formal educators interested in environmental education.
Thursday, 10/27 9:45-11:45 a.m.
- Land Lab Collab with Jenna and Rebecca from Hocking Soil and Water
- Investigating History with Alexandra from Ohio History Connection
- Environmental Leadership for High School students with Carrie Vieland, Rural Action
- Seeing the big picture by observing small things with Paul Knoop
Exhibit Viewing 11:45 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Thursday Lunch and Keynote and more exhibit viewing 12:45-2:45 p.m.
Thursday, 10/27 3-5 p.m.
- Nothing So American with Trevor Rhodes from Ohio History Connection
- Going Batty with DNAP, Meghan Ellis
- The Plants that are Still Green with Joe Moosbrugger, Crane Hollow Nature Preserve
- STEM field trip to OHIO Museum Complex, My Backyard Stream, and the Ohio STEM Learning Network with Nancy Stevens, Jen Bowman and Sandy Guinto (2-5 p.m.)
Thursday Dinner and Keynote
Friday, 10/39 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
- STEAM Circus with Jen Parsons, Ohio Valley Museum of Discovery
- Outdoor Programming for People with Special Needs with Kim Hale, LOL in Nature
- Teaching Phenology with Lindsay Rist, ODNR, and Angela Hammond, Muskingum Valley ESC
- Watershed Tour; includes packed lunch (9:15 a.m.-3 p.m.)
- Guided Forest Therapy Walk with Nicole Kennedy, Hopewell Health
Friday Lunch and Keynote
Friday, 10/28 2-4 p.m., with some going on until 5 p.m.
- Gateway Medicinal Plants with Molly Jo Stanley, Ohio Environmental Council
- International Programs with Cathy Knoop, Ali McCoy, and Rural Action CSP Fellows
- Support for student Environmental Research with Jen Dennison, ODNR, and Angela McMurray, Ohio Academy of Science
- Project WET Climate, Water and Resilience Curriculum with Dennis Clement, Ohio EPA
The Appalachian Green Teachers Conference is made possible through the generous support of our sponsors: