Rural Action participates in Community Giveback Days, Move-OUt!
Move OUt! Community Giveback Days, the largest annual donation event in southeast Ohio, returns to the Athens County Fairgrounds on Wednesday and Thursday, May 10–11 .
Rural Action, Ohio University, the City of Athens, the Athens County Fair board, and other nonprofit organizations have come together again to coordinate efforts to make it easy for moving Ohio University students to donate food, clothes, furniture, and more.
From April 17 to May 5, every OU residence hall will have both an indoor collection area for non-perishable food and clothing, as well as an outside donation area designated for carpets, rugs, furniture, and household items.
Additionally, more than 45 on-campus and eight off-campus donation sites will be available for students to donate their items. Drop-off locations open to off-campus students include:
- Bromley Hall, 35 S. Congress St.
- Christ Lutheran Church, 69 Mill St., (May 5–6, from 9 a.m.–4 p.m.)
- Southeast Ohio History Center, 24 W. State St. (May 5–6, from 9 a.m.–4 p.m.)
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore, 309 W. Union St.
- UpCycle Ohio Thrift Store, 751 W. Union St.
- New-To-You Thrift Shoppe, 90 Columbus Road
- Athens Goodwill, 175 Columbus Road
- Station Street Apartments, 123 W. Union St. (May 5–6, from 9 a,m.–4 p.m.)
- Southeast Food Bank, 1005 CIC Drive
Materials collected on campus, as well as some collected from off-campus sites, are transported to the Athens County Fairgrounds for Community Give Back Days, where junior fair board members and volunteers sort items and set up.
Community Give Back Days will be held on Wednesday, May 10, from 5–8 p.m. and Thursday, May 11, from 9–11 a.m. at the Athens County Fairgrounds, 286 W. Union St., Athens.
On day one, each household can receive one food box, unlimited clothing, small appliances, and one piece of large furniture. On day two, no quantity limits apply. All items are free and each event is open to the public. Find more information regarding Move-Out and Community Give Back Days here.