Title: Tourism Specialist
Department: Social Enterprise
Reports To: Tourism Manager
Hours of Work: 40 hours/week, non-exempt, 6 month term
Pay Range: $13/hour
Appalachian Understories, a Rural Action social enterprise in Southeastern Ohio, provides guided outdoor experiences and tours that highlight regional natural, historic, and cultural assets. Under the direction of the Tourism Manager and working in consultation with the Environmental Education Program Director, the Tourism Specialist helps to create, market, and facilitate tours and programs throughout the region. The Tourism Specialist assists the Tourism Manager to contract tour guides, plan logistics, and expand the enterprise’s social media presence.
Essential Functions of this Position
- Engage in personal, professional, and sector-based continuing education
- Help develop, promote, and facilitate tourism experiences in Appalachian Ohio that highlight our region’s natural, historic, and cultural assets
- Assist with expanding Appalachian Understories social media presence
- Support the outreach, contracting, and coordination between Appalachian Understories and local historians, naturalists, and guides
- Other duties as assigned
- Interest in local, natural, and cultural history
- Willingness to work with diverse groups of people
- Ability to follow work plans
- Integrity, credibility, and commitment to Rural Action’s mission
- Flexibility in schedule and potential to work evenings and weekends
NOTE: The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the applicant a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
To apply, please submit an application form here or print and turn in a hardcopy at any Rural Action location. For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Rural Action is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and is committed to making employment decisions based on merit. We are committed to complying with any and all pertinent Federal, State and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, as well as all laws related to terms and conditions of employment.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.