Rural Action is seeking applications for a 10-week internship to assist small business owners in Trail Town communities. This intern will work with a number of local businesses without a formal website presence to assist with the design, launch, and updating of a basic website. The intern will provide technical assistance and coaching to build each website and assist owners to keep existing sites operating by assisting with photos, updating content, troubleshooting, and updating a library of tutorial videos that will be available for business owners to maintain their sites.
This internship has a start date of May 10, 2021.
- Review intake needs assessment for each client to identify improvement opportunities
- Assist business entrepreneurs with website design and development
- Provide coaching and training assistance for to up to 4 businesses
- Create assistance calendar with target benchmarks
- Create and /or update up to five website instructional videos
- Develop and maintain assistance record for each client served
- Attend weekly meetings with Resilient Communities team
- Attend monthly Baileys Trail POWER Team meetings
- Complete a summary analysis of the internship that identifies successes and areas of opportunity for improvement
- Demonstrated skills in graphic design, website design or other related medium
- Interest in rural communities and small business development
- Ability to form productive professional relationships with entrepreneurs
- Ability to respond in a timely manner to client requests
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Interest in meeting new people
- Excellent listening skills
- Adaptable and flexible to changing needs
- Ability to work independently
- Experience and / or coursework related to micro-business development
- Experience and/or coursework in website design using SquareSpace or Wix
- Experience with 1:1 direct training and / or coaching
- A working knowledge of Asset Based Community Development
This position is compensated at of $16.27/hour and the intern will be expected to serve 28 hours/week.
To apply, please send a résumé and a cover letter.
For best consideration, apply by April 11.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org