Title: United Plant Savers: Horticultural Associate
Department: Social Enterprise
Reports To: Susan Leopold (United Plant Savers)
Hours of Work: 40 hours/week, non-exempt, 6 month term
Pay Range: $13/hour
This full-time position assists with conducting daily operations of United Plant Savers (UPS), through employment with Rural Action (RA). United Plant Savers was founded in 1994. The work of UPS involves research, education, and conservation of native medicinal plants and their habitats. Through the work of UPS, medicinal species are readily available and are harvested and cultivated with practices that protect native plants, fungi, and their habitats and that embody the principles of reciprocity, right livelihood, and biocultural diversity. The organization has a 360 acre sanctuary in Rutland, OH and a location in Pomeroy. The Horticultural Associate will work in the green house, in the garden, and on seed storage.
Essential Functions of this Position
- Engage in personal, professional, and sector-based continuing education
- Working in the green house: starting seeds, translating, and watering
- Working in the gardens: weeding and planting
- Working on seed storage, organization, and maintenance: adding data to spreadsheets, putting seeds in packets, and recording information about when seeds were collected and stored
- Other duties as assigned
- Interest in local agriculture and food access
- Willingness to work with diverse groups of people
- Ability to follow work plans
- Integrity, credibility, and commitment to Rural Action’s mission
- Flexibility in schedule and potential to work evenings and weekends
NOTE: The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the applicant a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
To apply, please submit an application form here or print and turn in a hardcopy at any Rural Action location. For questions, please contact email@example.com. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Rural Action is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and is committed to making employment decisions based on merit. We are committed to complying with any and all pertinent Federal, State and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, as well as all laws related to terms and conditions of employment.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.