For best consideration, apply by April 9, 2021 at 5 PM EDT
Rural Action is seeking an experienced community development professional to provide direct outreach to small business owners in Tuscarawas County, Ohio to identify business assistance needs and opportunities for growth. The contractor will also provide referrals for appropriate business support resources that may include financial assistance, accounting services, marketing assistance, micro-lending tools, business planning, skills training, mentoring, business coaching, and supply chain management.
- Identify needs of small business owners and connect to the appropriate assistance resources in a timely manner.
- Improve communication between small business owners and business assistance organizations.
- Encourage interest and local support for small businesses.
Scope of Work
With Rural Action, the Entrepreneur Outreach Specialist will plan and coordinate activities needed to complete business owner surveys that will include: scheduling and completing intake meetings with business owners; identification of possible assistance needs and relevant resources; coordinate the communication between business owners and business resources; document assistance activity and results by following up individually with each participating business owner. Provide a final draft compilation of findings and results of Scope of Work. All work will be completed in accordance with Public Health recommendations and Rural Action’s policies regarding COVID -19 safety protocols.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Organized and self-directed.
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills.
- Understanding of local community business landscape.
- Interest in supporting local entrepreneurship.
- Proficiency in Excel, email communication, and video meetings.
- Ability to assess and identify key needs and opportunities of a business.
Evaluation Metrics and Criteria
- Total number of business owners surveyed.
- Total number of minority and women owned businesses surveyed.
- Total number of individual referrals to business service providers.
- Documentation of businesses served and assistance received.
- Letter of interest.
- Work history of relevant experience.
- Summary of any geographic or time considerations related to completing the scope of work.
- Estimated time for completion — 16 weeks (part-time).
- Minimum of 10 hrs/week expected commitment.
- $25/hr contracted wage.
- RA is open to an accelerated completion of project with payment based on deliverables.
Project Completion By: August 31, 2021
Budget: $4,500 (180 hours)
Contact: Dan Vorisek, 740-274-2155
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org