Thanks to a Rapid Response Grant award from Central Appalachian Network (CAN), Rural Action is launching EVFLO in October 2022. This 3-month EV-focused learning opportunity is for CAN Clean Energy Working Group members and affiliates to gain skills and share insights into Electric Vehicle (EV) adoption and the equitable deployment of EV charging stations (EVSE) across the central Appalachian region.
Since 2019, Rural Action has been laying the groundwork for rural electrification in Appalachian Ohio that is equitable, affordable and driven by the communities that need support most. We’re ready to share our knowledge and give some key technical assistance on how to expand EV adoption in neighboring communities across Appalachia.
In this 3-part webinar series, participants will expand their knowledge base and receive technical assistance and peer support to map priority charging sites in their regions. The goal is to support the growth of EV’s in Appalachia through peer learning and engagement.
Webinar Topic Areas:
- Electric Vehicles 101
- Benefits and challenges of rural electrification (equity and justice lens)
- EV infrastructure funding and financing opportunities
- Identification of EV charging deserts (a mapping activity)
- Smart EV policy priorities at the local and state level
- Bridge building and engagement with rural community leaders
In addition to learning during the webinar, participants will work together to develop two key tools that will serve each participating region’s long term EV charging goals:
- EV Charging Priority Zones Map
- EV Policy Priorities List
If you are interested in participating, please contact Sarah Conley-Ballew at email@example.com.