Rural Action’s Zero Waste Pledge Program encourages local organizations to strive for zero waste. We help our partners to achieve this goal by working one-on-one with businesses to identify waste that is being produced and ways to reduce it. The Zero Waste Pledge shows customers that the business is committed to using natural resources wisely, increasing its environmental consciousness, and supporting the local economy through waste reduction, recycling, composting, and reuse.
- A profile of your current waste stream
- Significant waste reduction, up to 50%
- Hands on training for your staff
- Recycling signs designed to fit for your needs
- Media promotion of your zero waste efforts
- Connection with green products distributors
- A one-year business membership to Rural Action
See the detailed benefits of taking The Zero Waste Pledge here!
Zero Waste Pledge Steps
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You fill out a pre-assessment survey.
- Rural Action visits your establishment and does a waste sort or visual estimate of your current waste and recycling system.
- Rural Action creates a report that highlights good recycling and waste disposal practices and suggests improvements.
- We meet to decide what three improvements you want to pledge to make within one year.
- You get a pledge window decal, certificate, and promotion.
- Rural Action helps your business achieve your outlined goals by providing hands-on support.
- After one year, we have a follow-up meeting to reassess your waste stream and set new goals for the future.
Any organization can take the Zero Waste Pledge, as long as they are willing to take baby steps towards this goal. For small businesses the pledge cost is $100. Our services can also be contracted at $30/hour, if you feel that your business or organization would like more than is described on the benefits page.
Scholarships are available to small businesses, please contact email@example.com to complete an application.
We couldn’t be more delighted with the waste assessment we received. With the number of suggestions and abundance of information that was provided to us, I would not hesitate to recommend that other businesses work with Rural Action and their Zero Waste Program.”
—-Bailey Wagner, Third Sun Solar’s growth coordinator